Remember that a webcam may be dark if you are looking at it when it is night at
the webcam's location.
Notes (suggested by Peter Hardcastle):
If your internet speed is limited, you may want to avoid these
If your internet usage is limited, you may want to limit
the time you view these webcams.
For some reason, webcam links seem to change often, so let me know
if you discover that any of these have gone bad.
Note: new section "Defunct Webcams" added at the bottom of this page.
Great Haywood Marina - Webcams ARE working again!
- near junction of S&W and T&M
- [Thanks to Brian Mansergh for pointing out this one,
and to Andrew Cooley for pointing out the multiple views,
and to Henry Perryman for telling me the cams are working again.]
- one webcam still operating; a second is now permanently gone [Thanks to Ken Kroeker for telling me how to access them, and for the status update.]
York City Rowing Club webcam
- overlooking the Museum Gardens moorings, city centre on the River Ouse;
image refreshes every five minutes
[Thanks to Malcolm Tonkiss for pointing out this one.]
Marina de Corre webcams
- can look like black and white images, but color is just very washed-out;
marina located on the Saône on the entrance of Canal des Vosges (France)
Myk Askin's UK narrowboat-based webcam
- first webcam on a narrowboat, and probably the first on which you can see,
if you are lucky, narrowboats cruising on canals. Located at Northolt, on the Grand Union Paddington Arm. Might not always be available due to cruising.
Norfolk Broads webcams
- two at Horning Sailing Club and one at Potter Heigham Bridge [Thanks to Roy Badrick for pointing these out.]
Wroxham Bridge - not working on 10-Feb-13
- in Norfolk, on R. Bure
[Thanks to Roy Webster for pointing out this one.]
webcams at 12 locations on the R. Mosel
- Germany; not all cameras are working yet; you may get an apparently spurious warning on this page if you are using a McAfee SiteAdvisor browser plug-in; in spite of the flags indicating the site can be viewed in various languages, these make little difference at the moment; webcams require Java; for security reasons, I do NOT recommend that you have Java on your computer. [Thanks to Colin Gardiner for pointing these out.]
Kiel Canal, Germany
- 3 webcams (large ship canal)
[Thanks to Terry Fowles for pointing these out.]
Gone but not forgotten ... Amazing how many have fallen by the wayside.
Great Haywood Marina - Webcams ARE working again - see above
Tattenhall Marina - Webcams not working
- View 1
- View 2
- View 3
- View 4
- View 5
- in Cheshire, on SU [Thanks to Brian Mansergh for pointing out this one,
and to Andrew Cooley for pointing out the multiple views.]
Liverpool Canal Link Webcams
- last images shown are from Sept 2010
- 3 views, were refreshed every 3 hours, so not "real" webcams, but close
Norfolk Broads mobile webcam - Not working
- apparently gone as of May 2009
- mounted on a Broads Authority patrol launch [Thanks to
Roy Webster for pointing out this one.]