Timelapse (or "Hyperlapse") Canal Videos
I'm including only those that show a reasonable length of canal, and that
have a least a decent video resolution. This type of video is sometimes
called "hyperlapse" to indicate that the camera is moving, in an attempt
to reserve "timelapse" for videos in which the camera is stationary.
twenty-six and counting recent videos from NB Jannock - mostly just several minutes long, so easy to dip into; no sound
fourteen timelapse canal videos by Sven Osborne
- includes Ashby, Peak Forest, Caldon, Warks Ring, BCN; all Sept 2017 and later; HD, wide aspect; musical accompaniment
eight timelapse canal videos by Paul Nelson
- includes London, Sheffield, Caldon Canals, Liverpool Link, Rotherham, all recorded since July 2016; HD, wide aspect; no sound
numerous timelapse canal videos by Nic Chilton
- includes Grand Union, Stratford, Birmingham vicinity
numerous timelapse videos aboard NB Boudica
- includes Grand Union, Lee Navigation, R. Stort; from 2013 and earlier
(Note: has musical accompaniment);
numerous timelapse canal videos by "Narrowboat Journeys"
- North and South Oxford Canals (Note: has musical accompaniment);
Time lapse Narrowboat journey from Cropredy to Napton Locks on the Oxford Canal
- musical accompaniment; 14:19
- only sound is narration; 5:24
Market Harborough to Leicester & back 2017
- from a 1 week family holiday; no sound; 59:48
Time Lapse of Canal Boat Travelling from Marple to Hyde
- no sound; 1:38
Denham to Rickmansworth on the Grand Union Canal timelapse - Video no longer available
- no sound; 13:21
entire canal boat trip from Falkirk to Edinburgh and back
- no sound; 1:31:31
Link to main canals page.
Send questions and comments to
Text, graphics, and photos Copyright © 1995-2020 by George Pearson.
Last Modified: Friday, 30-Oct-20 5:30 pm EDT
Page Links Manually Checked: 30-Oct-20 5:30 pm EDT