This is a list of links to canal and waterway related webcams that I have
found on the web or that others have told me about. (I do NOT operate
any of these webcams myself.)
if you know of any others not listed here.
Remember that a webcam may be dark if you are looking at it when it is night at
the webcam's location.
Notes (suggested by Peter Hardcastle):
If your internet speed is limited, you may want to avoid these
If your internet usage is limited, you may want to limit
the time you view these webcams.
For some reason, webcam links seem to change often, so let me know
if you discover that any of these have gone bad.
Note that an AUTOMATED link check is NOT good at
detecting defunct cams - another reason to let me know if you find bad ones.
Note also that there is a link to a list of "Problem Webcams" at the bottom of this web page.
Great Haywood Marina - near junction of S&W and T&M; 1 second refresh
[2 May 2021 - Dave Dobbin reports the View 1 is still *NOT* working,
and View 2 "is pointing at the ground through a tree so there is nothing to see". What fun with these!]
Previous history of these cams, for those interested:
[20 Jan 2019 - OK, now View 1 is *NOT* working and View 2 IS working]; [16 Dec 2016 - View 2 *NOT* working since at least 16 Nov 2016 - thanks
to Ronald Pakker for pointing this out.]
- [15 Feb 2016 - Thanks to Ronald Pakker for alerting me that webcams were available
again (though he says they may not work with Internet Explorer 11).
They had been not working at least as of 11 Jun 2015; were
intermittent as of 15 Mar 15.
In the past, thanks to Paul Eyre for informing me of the latest failure of these
cams, thanks to Ronald Pakker for alerting me that he could see an image,
thus prompting my further testing, and thanks to Brian Mansergh for originally pointing out this one,
and to Andrew Cooley for pointing out the multiple views,
and to Henry Perryman for telling me, in the past, that the cams are working again.]
Bridgehouse Marina Webcam (#2)
- 10 miles north of Preston, Lancs., near Garstang.
[Thanks to Ronald Pakker for pointing out the existence of cam #2.]
There was a cam #1, but at least since 22 Oct 2015, it says "Connecting to webcam. Please wait." But it never connects.
webcam at Jones Boatyard
- auto-refreshes about every second; St. Ives, Cambs., on Great Ouse
[4 Jan 2016 - thanks to Ian Waters for emailing me that this cam was back online.]
Braunston Marina webcam
- webcam now only auto-refreshes on this smaller image; refreshes every 5 seconds [Thanks to Andre Gibson
for pointing this out, to Ronald Pakker for providing an updated link,
and to Iain George for letting me know the existing link no longer worked.]
Marina de Corre webcams
- has three webcams, but only the first two are working; first has 7-15 seconds between refreshes; second has 3 seconds;
pick your view, then enter username "1234"
and password "1234" when requested
- marina located on the Saône on the entrance of Canal des Vosges (France)
Live River Webcams
- provided by Farson Digital - many webcams located on numerous UK rivers. Notes: 1. these are advert-supported, so you will see a brief advert
before seeing the webcam; 2. I have not been able to get Farson Digital
webcams to work in the Firefox or Chrome browsers (possibly due to my running
Here's some particular examples:
- 5 Feb 2020 - Though noted as "temporarily offline" on 3 Feb 19, there now appears to be no sign of this webcam any more. live streaming video of Stroud Brewery Bridge over the canal at Wallbridge in Stroud. Not much of
the canal to see here, but always lots of car and truck activity on the roads!
(Cotswold Canals) [Thanks to Bob Hallam for pointing out this one.]
Live Webcam at Overwater Marina
- Audlem, Cheshire; You need to refresh this one yourself; [Thanks to Mike Fletcher for pointing out this one.] [Thanks to Adrian Moore for telling me that the original link no longer worked.] [28 Mar 2016 Thanks to Charles Lilker for telling me that the webcam's address had changed.]
Aqueduct Marina Webcam
- 1 second refresh rate; Church Minsull, Ches. [Thanks to Geoff Harris
for providing me the new link for this webcam.]
Mercia Marina webcam - You need to refresh this one yourself
with your browser "reload" button; a new image is available every
10 seconds (Willington, Derbyshire)
Myk Askin's UK narrowboat-based webcam
- first webcam on a narrowboat, and probably the first on which you can see,
if you are lucky, narrowboats cruising on canals. Located at Northolt, on the Grand Union Paddington Arm. Might not always be available due to cruising.
Norfolk Broads Live Webcams
- two live stream webcams, one covering Potter Heigham Bridge, and the
other the Broads Haven Marina [26 Oct 2018 thanks to Bob Mercer for
informing me when the Marina cam was disconnected] [23 Jul 2017 thanks to Stuart Yearsley and Dave Oakley for telling me about the changed refresh rates] [thanks to Phillip Dade for pointing these out]
Hickling Broad Sailing Club - two webcams; refreshes every 60 seconds but
you must reload the web page yourself to see the change; these two were
originally in the six-cam group here labelled "Norfolk Broads webcams"
[Jul 2017 Thanks to Dave Oakley for pointing these out.]
at Barnes Brinkcraft at Wroxham
- live streaming (high def?), so high internet usage;
[Thanks to Peter Hardcastle for initially pointing out this one, and
to Roy Badrick for letting me know it's working again.]
Horning Sailing Club on R. Bure in Norfolk - 10-20 second refresh, and both a
down river view and an up river view. [13 May 2021 Thanks to Nick Sadler
for telling me these are back in operation.] [21 Sep 2020 Thanks to Bob Mercer for letting
me know these were now gone.]
River Bure, Horning, Norwich
- live stream [thanks to Peter Hardcastle for pointing out this is the
River Bure, NOT the River "Cam"; thanks to Nick Sadler for pointing out this one]
webcam, near Acle Bridge on Norfolk Broads
- 28 Nov 2019: webcam now off line; boatyard under administration
and restaurant closed
- live stream; [thanks to Nick Sadler for initially pointing out this one,
and later telling me of its closing]
Views at Shrewsbury
- View updated every two minutes, but you must reload the
page yourself to get the new image. Had been four cams in the past, then
two, and now just one.
Calcutt Boats wharf webcam
- live stream [13 Jul 2019 - I had been listing this as black and white, but thanks to "Dave", I now know this has been in color for at least a year.] [Thanks to Chris Collinson for pointing out this one.]
Union Canal, Linlithgow Canal Centre,Linlithgow, Scotland
- live stream; the second webcam on this page is the one you want - click
on it to show the view;
multiple directional views selectable from tiny selection
box under lower left corner of image but NOTE - after selecting a view,
it takes 15-20 seconds for you to see the change
[Thanks to Brian Mansergh for pointing out this one, and to Kevin Hartley
for telling me when it was not working, and to "Dave" for telling me
the web address had changed.]
These lists have been moved to the Problem Webcams page. I think Google has downgraded this page in the past, due
to all of the "bad links" it contained, so they are now on a separate
page which is marked NOT to be indexed by Google.